Wednesday, March 22, 2006


When I first told Jason Monet of my plan to have him paint a long skinny piece he laughed at me. He wanted to know who had the nerve to tell him at nearly 70 years old that he needed to paint a size and shape other than the ones he had come accustomed to. I told him that it was for my mother and he said, "Your mum?" "Give me two days to think about it." I told him that she already had the spot picked out and everything else was up to him.
Soon after he informed me that he had found just the spot in a friends new garden. Days later this magnificent piece was finished and titled 'Nancy's.' It rests in a perfect spot to the left of her entry room where it gives a dramatic reception. Many people are impressed by this piece of Jason Monet's. The question now is will I be able to entice him into a repeat performance or will 'Nancy's' remain a one of a kind among Jason's work.